Section 30 in The Kalakshetra Foundation Act, 1993
Every Member of the Governing Board, Academic Committee and the Finance Committee and the Director of the Foundation shall be indemnified by the Foundation against all losses and expenses incurred by them in relation to the discharge of their duties, except such as are caused by their wilful act or default.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the allowances to the Members under sub-section (5) of section 12;
(b) the powers which the Governing Board shall exercise and the functions which it shall discharge under sub-section (2) of section 14;
(c) functions to be performed by the Finance Committee, under clause (iv) of section 18;
(d) the salary and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of the Director under sub-section (3) of section 19;
(e) the form and the manner in which the budget is to be prepared by the Governing Board under section 23;
(f) the form and the manner in which, and the time at which, the returns, statements and the annual report shall be prepared under section 25;
(g) any other matter which has to be, or may be, prescribed.
Title: Power to make regulations
(1) The Foundation may make regulations, not inconsistent this Act and the rules made thereunder, for enabling it to discharge its functions under this Act:
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such regulations may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the management of the properties and funds, affairs and works of the Foundation;
(b) the procedure in regard to transaction of business of the Governing Board and the Academic Committee (including quorum at their meetings) and the transaction of business of the Finance Committee under sub-section (3) of section 13, sub-section (3) of section 15 and sub-section (2) of section 17;
(c) creation or abolition of posts and the procedure for appointment of the professional, administrative and ministerial staff;
(d) the tenure of office and other terms and conditions of the members of the Academic Committee under sub-section (2) of section 15; and
(e) the maintenance of accounts, registers and other records of the Foundation.
(3) No regulation made by the Foundation shall have effect until it has been approved by the Central Government and published in the Official Gazette, and the Central Government, in approving the regulation, may make changes therein which appear to it to be necessary.
Title: Rules and regulations to be laid before Parliament
Every rule and every regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or regulation, or both Houses agree that the rule or regulation, should not be made, the rule or regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule or regulation.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, remove the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years, from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.