Section 12 in The Kalakshetra Foundation Act, 1993
Title: Term of office of Members
(1) The term of office of the Members shall be five years from the date of constitution of the Governing Board.
(2) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of a Member nominated under clause (b) or clause (c) of section 11, whether by reason of his death, resignation or inability to discharge his functions owing to illness or other incapacity, such vacancy shall be filled by making fresh nomination and the Member so nominated shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office of the Member in whose place he is so nominated.
(3) An outgoing, Member shall be eligible for re-nomination.
(4) A Member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government but shall continue in office until his resignation is accepted by that Government.
(5) The Members nominated under clauses (b) and (c) of section 11, shall be entitled to such allowances as may be prescribed.
Title: Meetings of the Governing Board
(1) The Governing Board shall meet at least twice in a year at Madras at such time as may be fixed by the Chairperson of the Governing Board.
(2) All decisions at the meeting of the Governing Board shall be taken by majority of the Members present and voting:
Provided that in the case of equality of votes the Chairperson of the Governing Board shall have a casting vote.
(3) The Governing Board shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business at its meetings (including the quorum at its meetings) as may be specified by regulations.
(4) No act or proceeding of the Governing Board shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Governing Board; or
(b) any defect in the nomination of a person acting as a Member of the Governing Board; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Governing Board not affecting the merits of the case
Title: Governing Board to be the supreme authority of Foundation
(1) The Governing Board shall be the supreme authority of the Foundation and the general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs of the Foundation shall vest in the Governing Board.
(2) The Governing Board shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be prescribed.
Title: Academic Committee
(1) The Academic Committee shall consist of—
(a) the Director;
(b) the Heads of the constituent units;
(c) three distinguished persons in the field of art and culture including dance, music, folk arts and crafts, to be nominated by the Central Government; and
(d) one person to be nominated by the State Government, representing the Department of Education of that Government.
(2) The tenure of office and other terms and conditions of the members of the Academic Committee shall be such as may be specified by regulations.
(3) The Academic Committee shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business at its meetings (including the quorum at the meetings) as may be specified by regulations.
Title: Powers and functions of Academic Committee
The Academic Committee shall be responsible for the maintenance of standards of education, training and examination conducted by the constituent units and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be assigned to it, from time to time, by the Governing Board.