Section 9 in The Kalakshetra Foundation Act, 1993
Title: The objects of Foundation
The objects of the Foundation shall be,--
(i) to emphasise the essential unity of all true arts;
(ii) to work for the recognition of the arts as vital to the individual, national and international growth;
(iii) to maintain the highest traditions of art and culture in their pristine purity and in conformity with traditions;
(iv) to arrange for the training, research, study, teaching and development of art and science, music, dance-drama, fine arts, and Bharat-Natyam; and
(v) to ensure that the principles of "education without fear" and "art without vulgarity" are adhered to in the activities of the Foundation and not to permit any deviation from these high ideals
Title: Authorities of the Foundation
(1) The Foundation shall consist of the following, authorities, namely:--
(a) the Governing Board;
(b) the Academic Committee; and
(c) the Finance Committee.
(2) In the discharge of functions and exercise of powers under this Act, the authorities referred to in sub-section (1) shall be guided by the objects specified in section 9.
Title: The Governing Board
The Governing Board shall consist of—
(a) a Chairperson, who shall be a person of high eminence in public life, to be appointed by the Central Government;
(b) not more than twelve Members to be nominated by the Central Government from amongst persons who—
(i) have rendered valuable service to Kalakshetra;
(ii) have been connected with, or have knowledge of art, culture, folk arts and crafts;
(iii) are eminent artistes; and
(iv) are patrons of art and culture;
(c) two persons, possessing one or more of the qualifications referred to in sub-clauses (i) to (iv) of clause (b), to be nominated by the State Government;
(d) two officers of the Central Government, not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary, to be nominated by that Government, to represent the Ministry of the Central Government dealing with culture, ex officio;
(e) one officer of the State Government, not below the rank of Joint Secretary, to be nominated by that Government, to represent the Department of Education of that Government, ex officio; and
(f) the Director, ex officio.
Title: Term of office of Members
(1) The term of office of the Members shall be five years from the date of constitution of the Governing Board.
(2) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of a Member nominated under clause (b) or clause (c) of section 11, whether by reason of his death, resignation or inability to discharge his functions owing to illness or other incapacity, such vacancy shall be filled by making fresh nomination and the Member so nominated shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office of the Member in whose place he is so nominated.
(3) An outgoing, Member shall be eligible for re-nomination.
(4) A Member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government but shall continue in office until his resignation is accepted by that Government.
(5) The Members nominated under clauses (b) and (c) of section 11, shall be entitled to such allowances as may be prescribed.
Title: Meetings of the Governing Board
(1) The Governing Board shall meet at least twice in a year at Madras at such time as may be fixed by the Chairperson of the Governing Board.
(2) All decisions at the meeting of the Governing Board shall be taken by majority of the Members present and voting:
Provided that in the case of equality of votes the Chairperson of the Governing Board shall have a casting vote.
(3) The Governing Board shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business at its meetings (including the quorum at its meetings) as may be specified by regulations.
(4) No act or proceeding of the Governing Board shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Governing Board; or
(b) any defect in the nomination of a person acting as a Member of the Governing Board; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Governing Board not affecting the merits of the case