Section 11 in The Air Corporations (Transfer of Undertakings and Repeal) Act, 1994
Title: Repeal of Act 27 of 1953 and cesser of corporations
(1) On the appointed day, the Air Corporations Act, 1953 shall stand repealed.
(2) The corporations shall, with the repeal of the Air Corporations Act, 1953, cease to exist.
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Air Corporations (Transfer of Undertakings and Repeal) Ordinance, 1994 (Ord. 4 of 1994) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal of the Air Corporations (Transfer of Undertakings and Repeal) Ordinance, 1994 (Ord. 4 of 1994), anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Kalakshetra Foundation Act, 1993.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 29th day of September, 1993.
Title: Declaration of Kalakshetra as an institution of national importance
Whereas the objects of the institution known as Kalakshetra at Adyar, Madras in the State of Tamil Nadu, founded by the late Thirumathi Rukmini Devi Arundale, are such as to make the institution one of national importance, it is hereby declared that the institution known as Kalakshetra is an institution of national importance.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Committee" means the Academic Committee constituted under section 15;
(b) "appointed day" means the date on which the Foundation is established under sub-section (1) of section 8;
(c) "Board of Trustees" means the Board of Trustees managing the affairs of Kalakshetra under the "scheme writ" approved by the Madras High Court in petition No. 716 of 1985;
(d) "constituent units means the units of Kalakshetra specified in the First Schedule;
(e) "Director" means the Director appointed under sub-section (1) of section 19;
(f) "Finance Committee" means the Finance Committee constituted under sub-section (1) of section 17;
(g) "Foundation" means the Kalakshetra Foundation established under sub-section (1) of section 8;
(h) "Fund" means the Fund of the Foundation referred to in section 22;
(i) "Governing Board" means the Governing Board constituted under section 11;
(j) "Kalakshetra" means the institution known as Kalakshetra founded by the late Thirumathi Rukmini Devi Arundale, situated at Adyar, Madras, and includes its constituent units;
(k) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(l) "Member" means a Member of the Governing Board and includes the Chairperson thereof;
(m) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(n) "regulations" means regulations made under section 32;
(o) "Schedule" means a Schedule annexed to this Act;
(p) "State Government" means the Government of Tamil Nadu.