Section 37 in The Recovery Of Debts And Bankruptcy Act, 1993
Title: Repeal and saving.
(1) The Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 25 of 1993) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Punjab Municipal Corporation Law (Extension to Chandigarh) Act, 1994.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 24th day of May, 1994.
Title: Extension and amendments of Punjab Act 42 of 1976
(1) The Punjab Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 is hereby extended to, and shall be in force in, the Union territory of Chandigarh.
(2) With effect from the commencement of this Act,--
(a) the references, in the Punjab Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 (Pun. Act 42 of 1976), to State, authorities, or City mentioned in column 1 of Part I of the Schedule annexed to this Act shall be construed as if references therein to State, authorities, or City respectively mentioned or referred to opposite thereto in column 2 of that Part;
(b) the Punjab Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 (Pun. Act 42 of 1976) shall be amended as specified in Part II of the Schedule.
Title: Repeal of Punjab Act III of 1911 and savings
(1) The Punjab Municipal Act, 1911 in so far as it applies to the Union territory of Chandigarh or any part thereof shall stand repealed on the coming into force of this Act:
Provided that the repeal shall not affect—
(a) the previous operation of the Punjab Municipal Act, 1911 (Pun. Act III of 1911) so repealed or anything duly done or suffered thereunder, or
(b) any right, privilege, obligation or liability acquired, accrued or incurred under the said Act so repealed, or
(c) any investigation, legal proceeding or remedy in respect of any such right, privilege, obligation or liability as aforesaid,
and any such investigation, legal proceeding or remedy may be instituted, continued or enforced as if this Act had not been passed:
Provided further that, subject to the preceding proviso, anything done or any action taken (including any appointment or delegation made, notification, instruction or direction issued, form or bye-law framed, certificate obtained, permit or licence granted or registration effected) under such Act shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of the Act now extended to that Union territory, and shall continue to be in force accordingly unless and until superseded by anything done or any action taken under the said Act.
(2) In every law or notification passed or issued before the commencement of this Act in which reference is made to or to any Chapter or section or provision of the said Act hereby repealed, such references shall, so far as may be practicable, be taken to be made to the said Act or, their corresponding Chapter or section.
Title: Transitory provision
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, the Central Government may, if necessary, appoint a person to be called the Special Officer, to exercise the powers and discharge the functions of the Municipal Corporation of Chandigarh until the day on which the first meeting of the Corporation is held after the commencement of this Act.