Section 32 in The Recovery Of Debts And Bankruptcy Act, 1993
Title: Chairperson, Presiding Officer and staff of Appellate Tribunal and Tribunal to be public servants
1[32. Chairperson, Presiding Officer and staff of Appellate Tribunal and Tribunal to be public servants.-- The Chairperson of an Appellate Tribunal, the Presiding Officer of a Tribunal, the Recovery Officer and other officers and employees of an Appellate Tribunal and a Tribunal shall be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).]
1 Subs. by Act 1 of 2000, s. 15, for section 32 (w.e.f. 17-1-2000)
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or against 1[the Presiding Officer of a Tribunal or the Chairperson of an Appellate Tribunal] or against the Recovery Officer for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in pursuance of this Act or any rule or order made thereunder.
1 Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "the Presiding Officer of a Tribunal or of an Appellate Tribunal" (w.e.f. 17-1-2000)
Title: Act to have overriding effect
(1) Save as provided under sub-section (2), the provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.
(2) The provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, the Industrial Finance Corporation Act, 1948 (15 of 1948), the State Financial Corporations Act, 1951 (63 of 1951), the Unit Trust of India Act, 1963 (52 of 1963), the Industrial Reconstruction Bank of India Act, 1984 (62 of 1984), 1[the Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act, 1985 (1 of 1986) and the Small Industries Development Bank of India Act, 1989 (39 of 1989).]
1 Subs. by Act 1 of 2000, s. 16, for "and the Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act, 1985" (w.e.f. 17-1-2000).
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of the period of three years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, such rules may, provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
1[(a) other business or commercial rights of similar nature under clause (jb) of section 2;]
2[(aa)] the salaries and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of 4[the Chairpersons, the Presiding Officers, Recovery Officers and other officers and employees of the Tribunal and the Appellate Tribunal] under sections 7, 12 and 13;
(b) the procedure for the investigation of misbehaviour or incapacity of 3[the Chairpersons of Appellate Tribunals and the Presiding Officers of the Tribunals], under sub-section (3) of section 15;
(c) the form in which an application may be made under section 19, the documents and other evidence by which such application shall be accompanied and the fees payable in respect of the filing of such application;
4[(ca) the form of application and the fee for filing application under sub-section (3) of section 19;]
5[(cc) the rate of fee to be refunded to the applicant under sub-section 85 (3B) of section 19 of the the Act;]
6[(cca) the period for filing written statement under sub-section (10) of section 19;
(ccb) the fee for obtaining copy of the order of the Tribunal under sub-section (21) of section 19;
(ccc) the form and manner of authenticating digital signature under clause (a), and the manner of authenticating service or delivery of pleadings and documents under clause (b), of sub-section (1) of section 19A;
(ccd) the form and manner of filing application and other documents in the electronic form under sub-section (1) and manner of display of orders of the Tribunal and Appellate Tribunal under sub-section (4) of section 19A;]
(d) the form in which an appeal may be filed before the Appellate Tribunal under section 20 and the fees payable in respect of such appeal;
7[(da) the rules of uniform procedure for conducting the proceedings before the Tribunals and Appellate Tribunals under section 22A;
(db) the other mode of recovery under clause (d) of section 25;]
(e) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
8[(3) Every notification issued under sub-section (4) of section 1, section 3 and section 8 and every rule made by the Central Government under this Act, shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the notification or rule or both Houses agree that the notification or rule should not be issued or made, the notification or rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that notification or rule.]
1 Ins. by Act 44 of 2016, s. 42 (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
2 Clause (a) numbered as clause (aa) thereof by s. 42, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
3 Subs. by Act 1 of 2000, s. 17, for "the Presiding Officers" (w.e.f. 17-1-2000).
4 Subs. by s. 17, ibid., for "the Presiding Officers of the Tribunals and Appellate Tribunals" (w.e.f. 17-1-2000).
5 Ins. by Act 44 of 2016, s. 42 (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
6 Ins. by Act 1 of 2013, s. 17 (w.e.f. 17-1-2000).
7 Subs. by Act 44 of 2016, s. 42, for (3A) (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
8 Subs. by Act 1 of 2000, s. 17, for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 17-1-2000).