Section 25 in The National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993
Title: Annual report.
The Council shall prepare once every year, in such form and at such time as may be prescribed, an annual report giving a true and full account of its activities during the previous year and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Council shall cause to be maintained such books of account in such form and in such manner and as the Central Government may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, prescribe.
(2) The Council shall, as soon as may be, after closing its annual accounts, prepare a statement of accounts in such form and forward the same to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India by such date as the Central Government may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General, determine.
(3) The accounts of the Council shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India at such times and in such manner as he think fit.
(4) The accounts of the Council as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Delegation of powers and functions
The Council may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to the chairperson or to any other member or to any officer of the Regional Committee, subject to such conditions and limitations, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of its powers and functions under this Act (except the power to make regulations under section 32), as it may deem necessary.
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government, the Council or any committees appointed by it, or any Member of the Council or member of such committees, or any officer or employee of the Central Government or the Council or any other person authorised by that Government or the Council, for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act or the rules or regulations made thereunder.
Title: Directions by the Central Government
(1) The Council shall, in the discharge of its functions and duties under this Act be bound by such directions on questions of policy as the Central Government may give in writing to it from time to time.
(2) The decision of the Central Government as to whether a question is one of policy or not shall be final.