Section 23 in The National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993
Title: Fund of the Council
(1) The Council shall have its own fund; and all sums which may, from time to time, be paid to it by the Central Government or a State Government and all the receipts of the Council, including any sum which any other authority or person in India or abroad may pay to the Council, shall be credited to the fund and all payments by the Council shall be made therefrom.
(2) All moneys belonging to the fund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as may be decided by the Council.
(3) The Council may spend such sums as it thinks fit for performing its functions under this Act, and such sums shall be treated as expenditure payable out of the fund of the Council.
Title: Budget of the Council
The Council shall prepare, in such form and at such time each year as may be prescribed, a budget in respect of the financial year next ensuing, showing the estimated receipts and expenditure, and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government.
Title: Annual report.
The Council shall prepare once every year, in such form and at such time as may be prescribed, an annual report giving a true and full account of its activities during the previous year and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Council shall cause to be maintained such books of account in such form and in such manner and as the Central Government may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, prescribe.
(2) The Council shall, as soon as may be, after closing its annual accounts, prepare a statement of accounts in such form and forward the same to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India by such date as the Central Government may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General, determine.
(3) The accounts of the Council shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India at such times and in such manner as he think fit.
(4) The accounts of the Council as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Delegation of powers and functions
The Council may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to the chairperson or to any other member or to any officer of the Regional Committee, subject to such conditions and limitations, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of its powers and functions under this Act (except the power to make regulations under section 32), as it may deem necessary.