Section 20 in The National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993
Title: Regional Committees
(1) The Council shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish the following Regional Committees, namely:--
(i) the Eastern Regional Committee;
(ii) the Western Regional Committee;
(iii) the Northern Regional Committee; and
(iv) the Southern Regional Committee.
(2) The Council may, if it considers necessary, establish with the approval of the Central Government, such other Regional Committees as it may deem fit.
(3) The Regional Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) a Member to be nominated by the Council;
(b) one representative from each of the States and the Union territories of the region, to be nominated by the respective States and the Union territories;
(c) such number of persons, having special knowledge and experience in matters relating to teacher education, as may be determined by regulations.
(4) The Council shall nominate one of the members of the concerned Regional Committee to function as the chairperson of the said Committee.
(5) The term of office of the members referred to in clause (c) and the allowances payable to such members shall be such as may be determined by regulations.
(6) The Regional Committee shall, in addition to its functions under sections 14, 15 and 17, perform such other functions, as may be assigned to it by the Council or as may be determined by regulations.
(7) The functions of, the procedure to the followed by, the territorial jurisdiction of, and the manner of filling casual vacancies among members of, a Regional Committee shall be such as may be determined by regulations.
Title: Power to terminate the Regional Committee
(1) If the Council is of the opinion that a Regional Committee is unable to perform, or has persistently made default in the performance of the duties imposed on it by or under this Act or has exceeded or abused its powers, or has wilfully or without sufficient cause, failed to comply with any direction issued by the Council for carrying out the provisions of this Act, the Council may, by notification in the Official Gazette, terminate forthwith the Regional Committee.
(2) Upon the publication of a notification under sub-section (1),--
(a) all members of the Regional Committee shall, notwithstanding that their term of office had not expired, as from the date of the termination, vacate their office as such members; and
(b) all the powers and duties which may, by or under the provisions of this Act be exercised or performed by or on behalf of the Regional Committee shall, during the period when the term of office of its members stand terminated, be exercised and performed by such person or persons as the Council may direct.
(3) The Council may at any time after publication of a notification under sub-section (2), re-constitute the Regional Committee in the manner provided in sub-section (3) of section 20:
Provided that it shall be competent for the Council to appoint any person, who was a member of a Regional Committee which was terminated, as a member of the reconstituted Regional Committee.
Title: Payment to the Council
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Council in each financial year such sums as may be considered necessary for the performance of the functions of the Council under this Act.
Title: Fund of the Council
(1) The Council shall have its own fund; and all sums which may, from time to time, be paid to it by the Central Government or a State Government and all the receipts of the Council, including any sum which any other authority or person in India or abroad may pay to the Council, shall be credited to the fund and all payments by the Council shall be made therefrom.
(2) All moneys belonging to the fund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as may be decided by the Council.
(3) The Council may spend such sums as it thinks fit for performing its functions under this Act, and such sums shall be treated as expenditure payable out of the fund of the Council.
Title: Budget of the Council
The Council shall prepare, in such form and at such time each year as may be prescribed, a budget in respect of the financial year next ensuing, showing the estimated receipts and expenditure, and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government.