Section 18 in The National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993
(1) Any person aggrieved by an order made under section 14 or section 15 or section 17 of the Act may prefer an appeal to the Council within such period as may be prescribed.
(2) No appeal shall be admitted if it is preferred after the expiry of the period prescribed therefor:
Provided that an appeal may be admitted after the expiry of the period prescribed therefor, if the appellant satisfies the Council that he had sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within the prescribed period.
(3) Every appeal made under this section shall be made in such form and shall be accompanied by a copy of the order appealed against and by such fees as may be prescribed.
(4) The procedure for disposing of an appeal shall be such as may be prescribed:
Provided that before disallowing an appeal, the appellant shall be given a reasonable opportunity to represent its case.
(5) The Council may confirm or reverse the order appealed against.
Title: Executive Committee
(1) The Council shall constitute a Committee, called Executive Committee for discharging such functions as may be assigned to it by the Council or as may be determined by regulations.
(2) The Executive Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) the Chairperson;
(b) the Vice-Chairperson;
(c) the Member-Secretary;
(d) the Secretary to the Government of India in the Department dealing with Education, ex officio;
(e) the Secretary, University Grants Commission, ex officio;
(f) the Director, National Council of Educational Research and Training, ex officio;
(g) the Financial Adviser to the Government of India in the Department dealing with Education, ex officio;
(h) four experts in teacher education to be nominated by the Central Government;
(i) four State representatives to be nominated by the Central Government in such manner as may be prescribed;
(j) the Chairpersons of the Regional Committees.
(3) The Chairperson and the Member-Secretary of the Council shall respectively, function as the Chairperson and the Member-Secretary of the Executive Committee.
(4) The Chairperson or in his absence, the Vice-Chairperson of the Council shall preside at the meetings of the Executive Committee and in the absence of both the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson, any other member chosen by the members present at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(5) The quorum necessary for the transaction of business at the meetings of the Executive Committee shall be as laid down by regulations.
(6) The Executive Committee may co-opt, in such manner and for such purposes, as may be determined by regulations, not more than two persons whose assistance and advice, it may desire in carrying out any of the functions assigned to the Executive Committee:
Provided that the persons co-opted by the Executive Committee for any purpose shall have a right to take part in the discussions relevant to that purpose, but shall not have a right to vote at a meeting of the Executive Committee, and shall not be a member for any other purpose.
(7) The Council may, if it considers necessary, establish such other committees, for such specific purpose, as it may deem fit.
Title: Regional Committees
(1) The Council shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish the following Regional Committees, namely:--
(i) the Eastern Regional Committee;
(ii) the Western Regional Committee;
(iii) the Northern Regional Committee; and
(iv) the Southern Regional Committee.
(2) The Council may, if it considers necessary, establish with the approval of the Central Government, such other Regional Committees as it may deem fit.
(3) The Regional Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) a Member to be nominated by the Council;
(b) one representative from each of the States and the Union territories of the region, to be nominated by the respective States and the Union territories;
(c) such number of persons, having special knowledge and experience in matters relating to teacher education, as may be determined by regulations.
(4) The Council shall nominate one of the members of the concerned Regional Committee to function as the chairperson of the said Committee.
(5) The term of office of the members referred to in clause (c) and the allowances payable to such members shall be such as may be determined by regulations.
(6) The Regional Committee shall, in addition to its functions under sections 14, 15 and 17, perform such other functions, as may be assigned to it by the Council or as may be determined by regulations.
(7) The functions of, the procedure to the followed by, the territorial jurisdiction of, and the manner of filling casual vacancies among members of, a Regional Committee shall be such as may be determined by regulations.
Title: Power to terminate the Regional Committee
(1) If the Council is of the opinion that a Regional Committee is unable to perform, or has persistently made default in the performance of the duties imposed on it by or under this Act or has exceeded or abused its powers, or has wilfully or without sufficient cause, failed to comply with any direction issued by the Council for carrying out the provisions of this Act, the Council may, by notification in the Official Gazette, terminate forthwith the Regional Committee.
(2) Upon the publication of a notification under sub-section (1),--
(a) all members of the Regional Committee shall, notwithstanding that their term of office had not expired, as from the date of the termination, vacate their office as such members; and
(b) all the powers and duties which may, by or under the provisions of this Act be exercised or performed by or on behalf of the Regional Committee shall, during the period when the term of office of its members stand terminated, be exercised and performed by such person or persons as the Council may direct.
(3) The Council may at any time after publication of a notification under sub-section (2), re-constitute the Regional Committee in the manner provided in sub-section (3) of section 20:
Provided that it shall be competent for the Council to appoint any person, who was a member of a Regional Committee which was terminated, as a member of the reconstituted Regional Committee.
Title: Payment to the Council
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Council in each financial year such sums as may be considered necessary for the performance of the functions of the Council under this Act.