Section 7 in The National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993
Title: Meetings of the Council
(1) The Council shall meet at such time and places, and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) as may be provided by regulations:
Provided that the Council shall meet at least once every year.
(2) The Chairperson, and in the absence of the Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson shall preside at the meetings of the Council.
(3) If for any reason the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson, both are unable to attend any meeting of the Council, any other Member chosen by the Members present at the meeting shall preside at that meeting.
(4) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Council shall be decided by a majority of votes of the Members present and voting and in the event of any equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in the absence of the Chairperson the person presiding, shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of the Council
No act or proceeding of the Council shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Council; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a Member of the Council; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Council not affecting the merits of the case.
Title: Power to co-opt
(1) The Council may co-opt, in such manner and for such purposes as may be determined by regulations, not more than three persons, whose assistance or advice it may desire in carrying out any of the provisions of this Act.
(2) The person co-opted by the Council under sub-section (1) for any purpose shall have a right to take part in the discussions relevant to that purpose, but shall not have a right to vote at a meeting of the Council, and shall not be a Member for any other purpose.
Title: Appointment of officers and other employees of the Council
(1) For the purpose of enabling the Council to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Council shall, subject to such regulations as may be made in this behalf, appoint (whether on deputation or otherwise) such number of officers and other employees as it may consider necessary:
Provided that the category of posts equivalent to Group 'A' posts in the Central Government shall be subject to the approval of the Central Government.
(2) Every officer or other employee appointed by the Council shall be subject to such conditions of service as may be determined by regulations.
Title: Authentication of the orders and other instruments of the Council
All orders and decisions of the Council shall be authenticated by the signature of the Chairperson or any other Member authorised by the Council in this behalf, and all other instruments issued by the Council shall be authenticated by the signature of the Member-Secretary or any other officer of the Council authorised in like manner in this behalf by the Chairperson.