Section 29 in The Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993
Title: Act of override other enactments
The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the forms in which applications shall be made under section 4;
(b) the period within which appeal shall be preferred under sub-section (1) of section 6;
(c) the form in which an appeal shall be preferred under section 6 and the amount of fee payable in respect of such appeal;
(d) dangerous goods for the purpose of section 21;
(e) any other matter which is to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
31. [Amendment of certain enactments].-- Rep. by the Repealing and Amending Act, 2001 (30 of 2001), s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 3-9-2001).
Title: Repeal and savings
(1) The Multimodal Transportation of Goods Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 6 of 1993) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Ac
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Tezpur University Act, 1993.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 15th January, 1994, vide notification No. G.S.R 22(E), dated 15th January, 1994, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(i).