Section 13 in The National Commission for Safai Karamcharis Act, 1993
Title: Delegation of powers
The Commission may, by general or special order, delegate to the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson or any Member or to any officer of the Commission subject to such conditions and limitations, if any, as may be specified therein, such of its powers and duties under this Act as it may deem fit.
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government, Commission, Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Members or any officer or other employee of the Commission for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) salaries and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and Members under sub-section (5) of section 4 and of officers and other employees of the Commission under sub-section (2) of section5;
(b) the form in, and the time at, which the annual report shall be prepared under section 11;
(c) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Public Records Act, 1993.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint
1.1st March, 1995, vide notification No. S.O. 128(E), dated 1st March, 1995, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii)
This Act has been extended to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019)
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Board" means the Archival Advisory Board constituted under sub-section (1) of section 13;
(b) "Director General" means the Director General of Archives appointed by the Central Government and includes any officer authorised by that Government to perform the duties of the Director General;
(c) "head of the Archives" means a person holding the charge of the Archives of the Union territory Administration;
(d) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(e) "public records" includes
(i) any document, manuscript and file;
(ii) any microfilm, microfiche and facsimile copy of a document;
(iii) any reproduction of image or images embodied in such microfilm (whether enlarged or not); and
(iv) any other material produced by a computer or by any other device, of any records creating agency;
(f) records creating agency includes,--
(i) in relation to the Central Government, any ministry, department or office of that Government;
(ii) in relation to any statutory body or corporation wholly or substantially controlled or financed by the Central Government or commission or any committee constituted by that Government, the offices of the said body, corporation, commission or committee;
(iii) in relation to a Union territory Administration, any department or office of that Administration;
(iv) in relation to any statutory body or corporation wholly or substantially controlled or financed by Union territory Administration or commission or any committee constituted by that Administration, the offices of the said body, corporation, commission or committee;
(g) "records officer" means the officer nominated by the records creating agency under sub-section (1) of section 5.