Section 12 in The Oil and Natural Gas Commission (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 1993
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Oil and Natural Gas Commission (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 28 of 1993) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Oil and Natural Gas Commission (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 28 of 1993), anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provision of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Acquisition of Certain Area at Ayodhya Act, 1993.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 7th day of January, 1993.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) "area" means the area (including all the buildings, structures or other properties comprised therein) specified in the Schedule;
(b) "authorised person" means a person or body of persons or trustees of any trust authorised by the Central Government under section 7;
(c) "Claims Commissioner" means the Claims Commissioner appointed under sub-section (2) of section 8;
(d) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act.
Title: Acquisition of rights in respect of certain area
On and from the commencement of this Act, the right, title and interest in relation to the area shall, by virtue of this Act, stand transferred to, and vest in, the Central Government.
Title: General effect of vesting
(1) The area shall be deemed to include all assets, rights, leaseholds, powers, authority and privileges and all property, movable and immovable, including lands, buildings, structures, shops of whatever nature or other properties and all other rights and interests in, or arising out of, such properties as were immediately before the commencement of this Act in the ownership, possession, power or control of any person or the State Government of Uttar Pradesh, as the case may be, and all registers, maps, plans, drawings and other documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(2) All properties aforesaid which have vested in the Central Government under section 3 shall, by force of such vesting, be freed and discharged from any trust, obligation, mortgage, charge, lien and all other encumbrances affecting them and any attachment, injunction, decree or order of any court or tribunal or other authority restricting the use of such properties in any manner or appointing any receiver in respect of the whole or any part of such properties shall cease to have any effect.
(3) If, on the commencement of this Act, any suit, appeal or other proceeding in respect of the right, title and interest relating to any property which has vested in the Central Government under section 3, is pending before any court, tribunal or other authority, the same shall abate.