Section 9 in The Oil and Natural Gas Commission (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 1993
Title: Power of entry
(1) For the purposes of ascertaining the availability of any oil or natural gas, the Central Government may, on the request being made by the Corporation, authorise any officer or employee of the Corporation, by general or special order,--
(a) to enter and inspect any land;
(b) to survey and take measurements of such land;
(c) to dig holes or perform any other functions for the purposes of measuring or prospecting for the availability of oil and natural gas; and
(d) to examine any document, book, register or record in the possession or power of any person having the control of or connected with any such land and place marks of identification thereon and take extracts from and make copies of any such document, book, register or record.
(2) Every person authorised by the Central Government under sub-section (1) shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
(3) The Corporation shall be liable to pay compensation for any loss or damage caused to the land caused by its officers or employees in performing the functions under sub-section (1) in such manner as may be prescribed to the occupier of the land.
(4) The amount of compensation payable under sub-section (3) shall be determined by the competent authority appointed by the Central Government in the manner prescribed.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for the amount and the manner of paying compensation for any loss or damage caused to the land by the officers and employees of the Corporation under sub-sections (3) and (4) of section 9.
(3) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Repeal of Act 48 of 1959
(1) On the appointed day, the Oil and Natural Gas Commission Act, 1959 shall stand repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, the Corporation shall, so far as may be, comply with the provisions of sections 22 and 23 of the said Act so repealed for any of the purposes related to the annual accounts of the Commission
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Oil and Natural Gas Commission (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 28 of 1993) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Oil and Natural Gas Commission (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 28 of 1993), anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provision of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Acquisition of Certain Area at Ayodhya Act, 1993.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 7th day of January, 1993.