Section 7 in The Industrial Finance Corporation (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 1993
Title: Guarantee to be operative
Any guarantee given for or in favour of the Corporation with respect to any loan, lease finance or other assistance shall continue to be operative in relation to the Company.
Title: Provisions in respect of officers and other employees of Corporation
(1) Every officer or other employee of the Corporation (except a Director of the Board, Chairman or Managing Director) serving in the employment immediately before the appointed day shall, in so far as such officer or other employee is employed in connection with the undertaking which has vested in the Company by virtue of this Act, become, as from the appointed day, an officer or, as the case may be, other employee of the Company and shall hold his office or service therein by the same tenure, at the same remuneration, upon the same terms and conditions, with the same obligations and with the same rights and privileges as to leave, leave fare concession, welfare scheme, medical benefit scheme, insurance, provident fund, other funds, retirement, voluntary retirement, gratuity and other benefits as he would have held under the Corporation if its undertaking had not vested in the Company and shall continue to do so as an officer or, as the case may be, other employee of the Company or until the expiry of a period of six months from the appointed day if such officer or other employee opts not to continue to be the officer or other employee of the Company within such period.
(2) Where an officer or other employee of the Corporation opts under sub-section (1) not to be in employment or service of the Company, such officer or other employee shall be deemed to have resigned.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (14 of 1947) or in any other law for the time being in force, the transfer of the services of any officer or other employee of the Corporation to the Company shall not entitle such officer or other employee to any compensation under this Act or under any other law for the time being in force and no such claim shall be entertained by any court, tribunal or other authority.
(4) The officers and other employees who have retired before the appointed day from the service of the Corporation and are entitled to any benefits, rights or privileges shall be entitled to receive the same benefits, rights or privileges from the Company.
(5) The trusts of the provident fund or the gratuity fund of the Corporation and any other bodies created for the welfare of officers or employees would continue to discharge their functions in the Company as was being done hitherto in the Corporation and any tax exemption granted to the provident fund or the gratuity fund would continue to be applied to the Company.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act or in the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) or in any other law for the time being in force or in the regulations of the Corporation, no Director of the Board, Chairman, Managing Director or any other person entitled to manage the whole or substantial part of the business and affairs of the Corporation shall be entitled to any compensation against the Corporation or the Company for the loss of office or for the premature termination of any contract of management entered into by him with the Corporation.
Title: Act 18 of 1891 to apply to the books of the Company
The Company shall be deemed to be a bank for the purposes of the Bankers Books Evidence Act, 1891.
Title: Shares, bonds and debentures to be deemed to be approved securities
Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the shares, bonds and debentures of the Company shall be deemed to be approved securities for the purposes of the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 (2 of 1982), the Insurance Act, 1938 (4 of 1938) 1***.
1. The words and figures "and the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (10 of 1949) omitted by Act 4 of 2013, s. 17 and The Schedule (w.e.f. 17-1-2013).
Title: Repeal and saving of Act 15 of 1948
(1) On the appointed day, the Industrial Finance Corporation Act, 1948 shall stand repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Industrial Finance Corporation Act, 1948 (15 of 1948), the Company shall, so far as may be, comply with the provisions of sections 33, 34, 34A, 35 and 43 of the Act so repealed for any of the purposes related to the annual accounts of the Corporation.