Section 3 in The Industrial Finance Corporation (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 1993
Title: Undertaking of the Corporation to vest in the company
On such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, there shall be transferred to, and vest in, the Company, the undertaking of the Corporation.
Title: General effect of vesting of undertaking in the Company
(1) Every shareholder of the Corporation immediately before the appointed day shall be deemed to be registered on and from the appointed day as a shareholder of the Company to the extent of the face value of the shares held by such shareholder.
(2) The undertaking of the Corporation which is transferred to and which vests in the Company under section 3 shall be deemed to include all business, assets, rights, powers, authorities and privileges and all properties, movable and immovable, real and personal, corporeal and incorporeal, in possession or reservation, present or contingent of whatever nature and wheresoever situate including lands, buildings, vehicles, cash balances, deposits, foreign currencies, disclosed and undisclosed reserves, reserve fund, special reserve fund, benevolent reserve fund, any other fund, stocks, investments, shares, bonds, debentures, security, management of any industrial concern, loans, advances and guarantees given to industrial concerns, tenancies, leases and book debts and all other rights and interests arising out of such property as were immediately before the appointed day in the ownership, possession or power of the Corporation in relation to its undertaking, within or without India, all books of accounts, registers, records and documents relating thereto and shall also be deemed to include all borrowings, liabilities and obligations of whatever kind within or without India then subsisting of the Corporation in relation to its undertaking.
(3) All contracts, deeds, bonds, guarantees, powers of attorney, other instruments and working arrangements subsisting immediately before the appointed day and affecting the Corporation shall cease to have effect or to be enforceable against the Corporation and shall be of as full force and effect against or in favour of the Company in which the undertaking of the Corporation has vested by virtue of this Act and enforceable as fully and effectually as if instead of the Corporation, the Company had been named therein or had been a party thereto.
(4) Any proceeding or cause of action pending or existing immediately before the appointed day by or against the Corporation in relation to its undertaking may, as from the appointed day, be continued and enforced by or against the Company in which the undertaking of the Corporation has vested by virtue of this Act as it might have been enforced by or against the Corporation if this Act had not been enacted and shall cease to be enforceable by or against the Corporation.
Title: Concession, etc., to be deemed to have been granted to the Company
With effect from the appointed day, all fiscal and other concessions, licences, benefits, privileges and exemptions granted to the Corporation in connection with the affairs and business of the Corporation under any law for the time being in force shall be deemed to have been granted to the Company.
Title: Tax exemption or benefit to continue to have effect
(1) Where any exemption from, or any assessment with respect to, any tax has been granted or made or any benefit by way of set off or carry forward of any unabsorbed depreciation or investment allowance or other allowance or loss has been extended or is available to the Corporation under the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), such exemption, assessment or benefit shall continue to have effect in relation to the Company.
(2) Where any payment made by the Corporation is exempt from deduction of tax at source under any provision of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), such exemption will continue to be available as if the provisions of the said Act made applicable to the Corporation were operative in relation to the Company.
(3) The transfer and vesting of the undertaking or any part thereof in terms of section 3 shall not be construed as a transfer within the meaning of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961) for the purposes of capital gains.
Title: Guarantee to be operative
Any guarantee given for or in favour of the Corporation with respect to any loan, lease finance or other assistance shall continue to be operative in relation to the Company.