Section 34A in The Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992
Title: Validation of certain acts
1[34A. Validation of certain acts.--Any act or thing done or purporting to have been done under the principal Act, in respect of calling for information from, or furnishing information to, other authorities, whether in India or outside India, having functions similar to those of the Board and in respect of settlement of administrative and civil proceedings, shall, for all purposes, be deemed to be valid and effective as if the amendments made to the principal Act had been in force at all material times.]
1. Ins. by s. 23, ibid. (w.e.f. 18-7-2013).
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Securities and Exchange Board of India Ordinance, 1992 (Ord. 5 of 1992), is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement
1) This Act may be called the Central Laws (Extension to Arunachal Pradesh) Act, 1993.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 1st July, 1994, vide notification No. S.O. 491(E), dated1st July, 1994, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Extension of certain laws
The Acts mentioned in the Schedule and all rules, orders, regulations and schemes made thereunder are hereby extended to, and shall be in force in, the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
Title: Construction of references to laws not in force in Arunachal Pradesh
Any reference in any Act, mentioned in the Schedule, to a law which is not in force in the State of Arunachal Pradesh shall, in relation to that State, be construed as a reference to the corresponding law, if any, in force in that state.