Section 55 in The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act, 1991
[Amendment of section 27A of Act 43 of 1950.]—Rep. by the Repealing and Amending Act, 2001 (30 of 2001), s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 3-9-2001).
Title: Repeal of Act 19 of 1966
The Delhi Administration Act, 1966 is hereby repealed.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 30th day of January, 1992.
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,---
(a) "Board" means the Securities and Exchange Board of India established under section 3;
(b) "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Board;
1[(ba) collective investment scheme means any scheme or arrangement which satisfies the conditions specified in section 11AA;]
(c) "existing Securities and Exchange Board" means the Securities and Exchange Board of India constituted under the Resolution of the Government of India in the Department of Economic Affairs No. 1(44)SE/86, dated the 12th day of April, 1988;
(d) "Fund" means the Fund constituted under section 14;
2[(da) "Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority" means the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India established under sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 1999 (41 of 1999);
(db) "Judicial Member" means a Member of the Securities Appellate Tribunal appointed under sub-section (1) of section 15MA and includes the Presiding Officer.]
(e) member means a member of the Board and includes the Chairman;
(f) notification means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
2[(fa) "Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority" means the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority established under sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013 (23 of 2013);]
(g) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(h) "regulations" means the regulations made by the Board under this Act;
3[(ha) Reserve Bank means the Reserve Bank of India constituted under section 3 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (2 of 1934);]
(i) "securities" has the meaning assigned to it in section 2 of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 (42 of 1956).
2[(j) "Technical Member" means a Technical Member appointed under sub-section (1) of section 15 MB.]
4[(2) Words and expressions used and not defined in this Act but defined in 5[the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 (42 of 1956) or the Depositories Act, 1996 (22 of 1996)] shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in that Act.]
1. Ins. by Act 31 of 1999, s. 11 (w.e.f. 22-2-2000).
2. Ins. by Act 7 of 2017, s. 146 (w.e.f. 26-4-2017).
3. Ins. by Act 59 of 2002, s. 2 (w.e.f. 29-10-2002).
4. Subs. by Act 9 of 1995, s. 2, for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 25-1-1995).
5. Subs. by Act 22 of 1996, s. 30 and the Schedule, for the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 (42 of 1956) (w.e.f. 20-9-1995).
Title: Establishment and incorporation of Board
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint, there shall be established, for the purposes of this Act, a Board by the name of the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The head office of the Board shall be at Bombay.
(4) The Board may establish offices at other places in India.