Section 28 in The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act, 1991
Title: Procedure in Legislative Assembly with respect to estimates
(1) So much of the estimates as relates to expenditure charged upon the Consolidated Fund of the Capital shall not be submitted to the vote of the Legislative Assembly, but nothing in this sub-section shall be construed as preventing the discussion in the Legislative Assembly of any of those estimates.
(2) So, much of the said estimates as relates to other expenditure shall be submitted in the form of demands for grants to the Legislative Assembly, and the Legislative Assembly shall have power to assent, or to refuse to assent, to any demand, or to assent to any demand subject to a reduction of the amount specified therein.
(3) No demand for a grant shall be made except on the recommendation of the Lieutenant Governor.
Title: Appropriation Bills
(1) As soon as may be after the grants under section 28 have been made by the Legislative Assembly, there shall be introduced a Bill to provide for the appropriation out of the Consolidated Fund of the Capital of all moneys required to meet—
(a) the grants so made by the Assembly, and
(b) the expenditure charged on the Consolidated Fund of the Capital but not exceeding in any case the amount shown in the statement previously laid before the assembly.
(2) No amendment shall be proposed to any such Bill in the Legislative Assembly which will have the effect of varying the amount or altering the destination of any grant so made or of varying the amount of any expenditure charged on the Consolidated Fund of the Capital and the decision of the person presiding as to whether an amendment is inadmissible under this sub-section shall be final.
(3) Subject to the other provisions of this Act, no money shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Fund of the Capital except under appropriation made by law passed in accordance with the provisions of this section.
Title: Supplementary, additional or excess grants
(1) The Lieutenant Governor shall,—
(a) if the amount authorised by any law made in accordance with the provisions of section 29 to be expended for a particular service for the current financial year is found to be insufficient for the purposes of that year or when a need has arisen during the current financial year for supplementary or additional expenditure upon some new service not contemplated in the annual financial statement for that year, or
(b) if any money has been spent on any service during a financial year in excess of the amount granted for that service and for that year,
cause to be laid before the Legislative Assembly, with the previous sanction of the President, another statement showing the estimated amount of that expenditure or cause to be presented to the Legislative Assembly with such previous sanction a demand for such excess, as the case may be.
(2) The provisions of sections 27, 28 and 29 shall have effect in relation to any such statement and expenditure or demand and also to any law to be made authorising the appropriation of moneys out of the Consolidated Fund of the Capital to meet such expenditure or the grant in respect of such demand as they have effect in relation to the annual financial statement and the expenditure mentioned therein or to a demand for a grant and the law to be made for the authorisation of appropriation of moneys out of the Consolidated Fund of the Capital to meet such expenditure or grant.
Title: Votes on account
(1) Notwithstanding anything in the foregoing provisions of this Part, the Legislative Assembly shall have power to make any grant in advance in respect of the estimated expenditure for a part of any financial year pending the completion of the procedure prescribed in section 28 for the voting of such grant and the passing of the law in accordance with the provisions of section 29 in relation to that expenditure and the Legislative Assembly shall have power to authorise by law the withdrawal of moneys from the Consolidated Fund of the Capital for the purposes for which the said grant is made.
(2) The provisions of sections 28 and 29 shall have effect in relation to the making of any grant under sub-section (1) or to any law to be made under that sub-section as they have effect in relation to the making of a grant with regard to any expenditure mentioned in the annual financial statement and the law to be made for the authorisation of appropriation of moneys, out of the Consolidated Fund of the Capital to meet such expenditure.
Title: Authorisation of expenditure pending its sanction by Legislative Assembly
Notwithstanding anything in the foregoing provisions of this Part, the Lieutenant Governor may authorise such expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of the Capital as he deems necessary for a period of not more than six months beginning with the date of the constitution of the Consolidated Fund of the Capital, pending the sanction of such expenditure by the Legislative Assembly.