Section 27 in The Central Agricultural University Act, 1992
Title: Power to make Ordinances.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission of students to the University and their enrolment as such;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University;
(c) the medium of instruction and examination;
(d) the award of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions, the qualifications for the same and the means to be taken relating to the granting and obtaining of the same;
(e) the fees to be charged for courses of study in the University and for admission to the examinations, degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University;
(f) the conditions for award of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(g) the conduct of examinations, including the term of office and manner of appointment and the duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(h) the conditions of residence of the students;
(i) the special arrangements, if any, which may be made for the residence, discipline and teaching of women students and the prescribing of special courses of studies for them;
(j) the appointment and emoluments of employees other than those for whom provision has been made in the Statutes;
(k) the establishment of special centres, specialized laboratories and other committees;
(l) the manner of co-operation and collaboration with other Universities and authorities including learned bodies or associations;
(m) the creation, composition and functions of any other body which is considered necessary for improving the academic life of the University;
(n) such other terms and conditions of service of teachers and other academic staff as are not prescribed by the Statutes;
(o) the management of colleges and institutions established by the University;
(p) the setting up of a machinery for redressal of grievances of employees; and
(q) all other matters which by this Act or the Statutes may be provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) The first Ordinances shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor with the previous approval of the Central Government and the Ordinances so made may be amended or repealed at any time by the Board in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
The authorities of the University may make Regulations, consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the committees appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the direction of the Board, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objects and shall be submitted to the Board on or after such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes and the Board shall consider the report in its annual meeting.
(2) The Board shall submit the annual report to the Visitor along with its comments, if any.
(3) A copy of the annual report as prepared under sub-section (1), shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Annual accounts
(1) The annual accounts of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Board and shall, once at least every year and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or by such persons as he may authorise in this behalf.
(2) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report thereon shall be submitted to the Board and the Visitor along with the observations of the Board.
(3) Any observations made by the Visitor on the annual accounts shall be brought to the notice of the Board and the observations of the Board, if any, shall be submitted to the Visitor.
(4) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report as submitted to the Visitor, shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
(5) The audited annual accounts after having been laid before both Houses of Parliament shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Title: Conditions of service of employees
(1) Every employee of the University shall be appointed under a written contract, which shall be lodged with the University and a copy of which shall be furnished to the employee concerned.
(2) Any dispute arising out of the contract between the University and any employee shall, at the request of the employee, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Board, one member nominated by the employee concerned and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(3) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final, and no suit shall lie in any civil court in respect of the matters decided by the Tribunal.
(4) Every request made by the employee under sub-section (2) shall be deemed to be a submission to arbitration upon the terms of this section within the meaning of the Arbitration Act, 1940 (2 of 1940).
(5) The procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal shall be prescribed by the Statutes.