Section 23 in The Infant Milk Substitutes, Feeding Bottles and Infant Foods (Regulation of Production, Supply and Distribution) Act, 1992
Title: Offences to be cognizable and bailable.
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), an offence punishable under this Act shall be—
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or any State Government or any officer of the Central Government 1[or a representative of such voluntary organisation which is notified under clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 21] for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2003, s. 10, for "or of any State Government" (w.e.f. 1-11-2003).
Title: Application of Act 37 of 1954 not barred
The provisions of this Act, or the rules made thereunder shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954, or the rules made thereunder.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the conditions and restrictions subject to which educational equipment and other material may be donated or distributed under the proviso to clause (b) of section 5;
(b) the language in which the notice and other particulars shall be indicated under sub-section (1) of section 6;
(c) the particulars which are to be indicated under clause (i) of sub-section (1) of section 6;
(d) the particulars which a container or label shall not bear under clause (d) of sub-section (2) of section 6;
(e) the matters to be included in the information which reaches pregnant women or mothers of infants under clause (g) of sub-section (1) of section 7;
(f) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Short title and commencement
1[1. Short title and commencement.--(1) This Act may be called the Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992.
(2) It shall come into force on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.]
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2000, s. 2, for "the training of rehabilitation professionals and" (w.e.f. 4-9-2000).
2. 31st July, 1993, vide notification No. S.O. 288(E), dated 28th April, 1993, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).