Section 11A in The Special Court (Trial of Offences Relating to Transactions in Securities) Act, 1992
Title: Power to punish for contempt
1[11A. Power to punish for contempt.--The Special Court shall have, and exercise, the same jurisdiction, powers and authority in respect of contempt of itself as a High Court has and may exercise and, for this purpose, the provisions of the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971 (70 of 1971), shall have effect subject to the modifications that—
(a) the references therein to a High Court shall be construed as including a reference to such Special Court;
(b) the references to the Advocate-General in section 15 of the said Act, shall be construed, in relation to the Special Court, as a reference to the Attorney-General or the Solicitor-General or the Additional Solicitor-General.]
1 Ins. by s. 5, ibid. (w. e. f. 25-1-1994).
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
(1) No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or the Custodian for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.
(2) No suit or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or any of its officers or other employees for any damage caused or likely to be caused by anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.
Title: Act to have overriding effect
The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law, other than this Act, or in any decree or order of any court, tribunal or other authority.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Repeal and savings
(1) The Special Court (Trial of Offences Relating to Transactions in Securities) Ordinance, 1992 (Ord. 10 of 1992) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.