Section 6 in The Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991
Title: Punishment for contravention of section 3.
(1) Whoever contravenes the provisions of section 3 shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.
(2) Whoever attempts to commit any offence punishable under sub-section (1) or to cause such offence to be committed and in such attempt does any act towards the commission of the offence shall be punishable with the punishment provided for the offence.
(3) Whoever abets, or is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit, an offence punishable under sub-section (1) shall, whether such offence be or be not committed in consequence of such abetment or in pursuance of such criminal conspiracy, and notwithstanding anything contained in section 116 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), be punishable with the punishment provided for the offence.
Title: Act to override other enactments
The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other law for the time being in force or any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.
[Amendment of Act 43 of 1951.]—Rep. by the Repealing and Amending Act, 2001 (30 of 2001), s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 3-9-2001).
Title: Short title and extent
(1) This Act may be called the Remittances of Foreign Exchange and Investment in Foreign Exchange Bonds (Immunities and Exemptions) Act, 1991.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
In this Chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "recipient" means a person as defined in clause (31) of section 2 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961) who receives any remittance under this Chapter;
(b) "remittance" means remittance made in foreign exchange by any person resident outside India to a person resident in India on or after the date of commencement of this Act but before the specified date, in the form of draft, travellers cheques, cheques drawn on banks situated outside India telegraphic transfers, mail transfers, money orders or by way of transfer from Non-resident (External) Account, Foreign Currency Non-resident Account or Foreign Currency Non-resident Special Deposit Account maintained in India under the rules made under the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1973 (46 of 1973).
Explanation.--For the purposes of this clause, "specified date" means the 1st day of December, 1991 or such other later date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify in this behalf;
(c) all other words and expressions used in this Chapter but not defined and defined in the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1973 (46 of 1973) shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in that Act.