Section 7 in The Election Commission (Conditions of Service of Election Commissioners and Transaction of Business) Act, 1991
Title: Right to subscribe to General Provident Fund
Every person holding office as the Chief Election Commissioner or an Election Commissioner shall be entitled to subscribe to the General Provident Fund (Central Services).
Title: Other conditions of service
Save as otherwise provided in this Act, the conditions of service relating to travelling allowance, provision of rent-free residence and exemption from payment of income-tax on the value of such rent-free residence, conveyance facilities, sumptuary allowance, medical facilities and such other conditions of service as are, 1[for the time being, applicable to a Judge of the Supreme Court under Chapter IV of the Supreme Court Judges (Conditions of Service) Act, 1958 (41 of 1958) and the rules made thereunder, shall, so far as may be, apply to the Chief Election Commissioner and other Election Commissioners].
1. Subs. by Act 4 of 1994, s. 8, for certain words (w.e.f. 1-10-1993).
Title: Transaction of business of Election Commission
1The business of the Election Commission shall be transacted in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
1. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-10-1993).
Title: Disposal of business by Election Commission
(1) The Election Commission may, by unanimous decision, regulate the procedure for transaction of its business as also allocation of its business amongst the Chief Election Commissioner and other Election Commissioners.
(2) Save as provided in sub-section (1), all business of the Election Commission shall, as far as possible, be transacted unanimously.
(3) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (2), if the Chief Election Commissioner and other Election Commissioners differ in opinion on any matter, such matter shall be decided according to the opinion of the majority.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir*.
(3) The provisions of sections 3, 6 and 8 shall come into force at once and the remaining provisions of this Act shall be deemed to have come into force on the 11th day of July, 1991.
*. Vide notification No. S.O. 3912(E), dated 30th October, 2019, this Act is made applicable to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the Union territory of Ladakh.