Section 20 in The Indian Council of World Affairs Act, 2001
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Council shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance-sheet in such form as the Central Government may, by rules, prescribe and in accordance with such general directions as may be issued by that Government, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Council shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Council to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Council shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor General of India has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the office or offices of the Council.
(4) The accounts of the Council as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon, shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Annual report
The Council shall prepare every year, in such form and at such time as may be prescribed by rules, an annual report giving a true and full account of its activities during the previous year and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Authentication of orders and instruments of Council
All orders and decisions of the Council shall be authenticated by the signature of the President or the Vice-President and all other instruments issued by the Council shall be authenticated by the signature of the Director-General or any other officer of the Council authorised by the Council in this behalf.
Title: Vacancy, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of the Council
No act or proceeding of the Council, Governing Body or any standing or ad hoc committee under this Act shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Council; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a member of the Council; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Council not affecting the merits of the case.
Title: Transitory provision
1[23A. Transitory provision.-- For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that till the constitution of a Council in terms of sub-section (2) of section 7, the Council referred to in sub-section (1) thereof shall be deemed to have been a Council for the purposes of this Act notwithstanding anything contrary contained in any provision of this Act:
Provided that anything done or any action taken or any proceeding initiated under any provision of this Act or rules or regulations made there under shall not be called in question before any court or other authority because of non-existence of a Council in terms of sub-section (2) of section 7.]
1. Ins. by Act 5 of 2004, s. 4 (w.e.f. 7-1-2004).