Section 17 in The Indian Council of World Affairs Act, 2001
Title: Payment to Council
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Council in each financial year such sums as may be considered necessary for the exercise of powers and efficient discharge of functions of the Council under this Act.
Title: Fund of Council
(1) The Council shall maintain a Fund to which shall be credited to—
(a) all moneys received from the Central Government;
(b) all moneys received by the Council by way of grants, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests or transfers; and
(c) all moneys received by the Council in any other manner or from any other source.
(2) All moneys credited to the Fund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as the Council may, subject to the approval of the Central Government, decide.
(3) The Fund shall be applied towards meeting the administrative and other expenses of the Council, including expenses incurred in the exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions under section 16 or in relation to any of the activities referred to therein or for anything relatable thereto.
Title: Budget of Council
The Council shall prepare, in such form and at such time every year, as may be prescribed by rules, a budget in respect of the financial year next ensuing, showing the estimated receipts and expenditure of the Council and shall forward to the Central Government such number of copies thereof as may be prescribed by rules.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Council shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance-sheet in such form as the Central Government may, by rules, prescribe and in accordance with such general directions as may be issued by that Government, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Council shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Council to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Council shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor General of India has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the office or offices of the Council.
(4) The accounts of the Council as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon, shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Annual report
The Council shall prepare every year, in such form and at such time as may be prescribed by rules, an annual report giving a true and full account of its activities during the previous year and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.