Section 10 in The Indian Council of World Affairs Act, 2001
Title: Powers and functions of Vice-Presidents
The Vice-Presidents shall exercise such of the powers and perform such of the functions of the President as may be prescribed by rules or as may be delegated to him by the President.
Title: Allowances of members
Members shall receive such allowances, if any, from the Council as may be prescribed by rules.
Title: Meetings of Council
The Council shall hold its first meeting at such time and place as may be appointed by the Central Government and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at the first meeting as may be laid down by that Government; and thereafter the Council shall meet at such times and places and observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings as may be prescribed by regulations.
Title: Objects of Council.
The objects of the Council shall be—
(a) to promote the study of Indian and international affairs so as to develop a body of informed opinion on international matters;
(b) to promote India's relations with other countries through study, research, discussion, lectures, exchange of ideas and information with other organisations within and outside India engaged in similar activities;
(c) to serve as a clearing house of information and knowledge regarding world affairs;
(d) to publish books, periodicals, journals, reviews, papers, pamphlets and other literature on subjects covered under clauses (a) and (b);
(e) to establish contacts with organisations promoting objects mentioned in this section;
(f) to arrange conferences and seminars to discuss and study the Indian policy towards international affairs; and
(g) to undertake such other activities for the promotion of ideas and attainment of the above-mentioned objects.
Title: Governing Body and other committees of Council
(1) There shall be a Governing Body of the Council which shall be constituted by the Council.
(2) The Governing Body shall be the executive committee of the Council and shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as the Council may, by regulations made in this behalf, confer or impose upon it.
(3) On and from such date as may be appointed by the Central Government by notification in the Official Gazette, the Vice-President of India, ex officio shall be the Chairperson of the Governing Body and shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be prescribed by regulations.
(4) The procedure to be followed by the Governing Body in the exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions and the term of office of, and the manner of filling vacancies among the members of the Governing Body, shall be such as may be prescribed by regulations.
(5) Subject to such control and restrictions as may be prescribed by rules, the Council may constitute as many standing committees and as many ad hoc committees as it thinks fit for exercising any power or discharging any function of the Council or for inquiring into, or reporting or advising upon, any matter which the Council may refer to them.
(6) The Chairperson and members of the Governing Body or a standing committee or an ad hoc committee shall receive such allowances as may be prescribed by regulations.