Section 31 in The Haj Committee Act, 2002
Title: Application of Central Haj Fund
The Central Haj Fund shall, subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder, be under the control and management of the Committee, and shall be applied to the following purposes, namely:--
(a) pay and allowances of the Chief Executive Officer and other employees of the Committee;
(b) payment of charges and expenses incidental to the objects specified in section 9; and
(c) any other expenses which are required to be met by the Committee or a State Committee, as approved by the Central Government.
Title: State Haj Fund
The State Committee shall have its own fund to be called the State Haj Fund and the following sums shall be placed to the credit thereof, namely:--
(i) all sums of money paid to it or any grant made by the Committee for the purposes of this Act;
(ii) any grant or loan that may be made to the State Committee by the State Government, or any other source for the purposes of this Act, as approved by the State Government;
(iii) any amount that may be legally due to the State Committee from any source; and
(iv) the moneys, if any, standing to the credit of a State Haj Committee, at the commencement of this Act.
Title: Application of State Haj Fund
The State Haj Fund shall, subject to any rules that may be made under this Act, be under the control and management of the State Committee and shall be applied to the following purposes, namely:--
(i) pay and allowances of the employees of the State Committee other than its Executive Officer whose pay and allowances shall be borne by the State Government;
(ii) payment of charges and expenses incidental to the due performance of its duties by the State Committee for the objects specified in section 27; and
(iii) any other expenses, as approved by the State Government which are required to be met by the State Committee.
Title: Accounts and audit.
(1) The Committee and every State Committee shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts, in such form as may be prescribed by the Central Government, or as the case may be, the State Government.
(2) The accounts shall be examined and audited annually by such auditors as the Central Government or, as the case may be, the State Government may approve.
(3) The accounts of the Committee or the State Committee as certified by the auditor together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually by the said Committee to the Central Government, or as the case may be, the State Government.
(4) The Central Government shall, as soon as may be after the receipt of the audit report under sub-section (3), cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
(5) The State Government shall, as soon as may be, after the receipt of the audit report under sub-section (3), cause the same to be laid before the State Legislature.
Title: Powers of Committee to issue Pilgrim Passes and levy fees
(1) The Committee shall have the power to issue a travel document called "Pilgrim Pass" to a Haj pilgrim for his departure from India as a bona fide pilgrim to Saudi Arabia and the said Pilgrim shall be deemed to be exempted from the provisions of section 3 of the Passports Act, 1967 (15 of 1967).
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Passports Act, 1967 (15 of 1967), the Central Government may, in consultation with the Committee, levy such fees for registration of Haj pilgrims, issuance of Pilgrim Pass by the Committee and other related matters, as may be prescribed in connection with rendering of such services.