Section 28 in The Haj Committee Act, 2002
Title: Meetings of State Committee
(1) A State Committee shall meet at least twice in a year before the Haj day and once after the Haj is over.
(2) The number of members required to make a quorum at any meeting of the State Committee shall be one-third of its members.
(3) In addition to the number of meetings specified in sub-section (1), the State Committee may hold meetings as and when requisitioned by at least one-third of its members or when considered necessary by the Chairperson.
(4) All matters shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and, in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson or other person presiding shall have a casting vote.
Title: Executive Officer and employees of State Committee
(1) The State Government shall appoint a person, from amongst its officers not below the rank of Deputy Secretary, to be the Executive Officer of the State Committee:
Provided that the person so appointed shall preferably be a Muslim.
(2) The Executive Officer of the State Committee shall act as its Secretary.
(3) The Executive Officer shall execute the decisions of the State Committee and perform such other functions as may be prescribed:
Provided that in case of any difference of opinion between the Executive Officer and the State Committee, he shall bring the matter to the notice of the State Government whose decision thereon shall be final.
(4) The State Committee shall, with the previous sanction of the State Government, employ such officers and other employees as it deems necessary to carry out the purposes of this Act.
(5) The term of office and conditions of service of officers and other employees shall be such as may be prescribed.
Title: Central Haj Fund
The Committee shall have its own Fund to be called the Central Haj Fund, and there shall be placed to the credit thereof the following sums, namely:--
(a) sums realised from any fees and service charges which may be levied by the Committee:--
(i) for registration of applications for Haj; and
(ii) for issue of Haj pilgrim travel passes;
(b) money collected from pilgrims for performance of Haj;
(c) the income from all deposits and investment of the Committee's funds;
(d) the sums realised from the sale of the effects of deceased pilgrims and sums of money left by them, which are unclaimed and have lapsed to the Central Government;
(e) any sums loaned by the Central or a State Government, or any other source approved by the Government;
(f) any amount that may be legally due to the Committee from any source; and
(g) the amount standing at the commencement of this Act to the credit of the Haj Fund or the Indigent Pilgrims Fund established under the Haj Committee Act, 1959 (51 of 1959).
Title: Application of Central Haj Fund
The Central Haj Fund shall, subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder, be under the control and management of the Committee, and shall be applied to the following purposes, namely:--
(a) pay and allowances of the Chief Executive Officer and other employees of the Committee;
(b) payment of charges and expenses incidental to the objects specified in section 9; and
(c) any other expenses which are required to be met by the Committee or a State Committee, as approved by the Central Government.
Title: State Haj Fund
The State Committee shall have its own fund to be called the State Haj Fund and the following sums shall be placed to the credit thereof, namely:--
(i) all sums of money paid to it or any grant made by the Committee for the purposes of this Act;
(ii) any grant or loan that may be made to the State Committee by the State Government, or any other source for the purposes of this Act, as approved by the State Government;
(iii) any amount that may be legally due to the State Committee from any source; and
(iv) the moneys, if any, standing to the credit of a State Haj Committee, at the commencement of this Act.