Section 18 in The Haj Committee Act, 2002
Title: Composition of State Committee
(1) A State Committee shall consist of sixteen members, to be nominated by the State Government, namely:--
(i) three members from the Muslim members of—
(a) Parliament representing the State;
(b) State Legislative Assembly; and
(c) Legislative Council, where it exists;
(ii) three members from Muslim members representing local bodies in the State;
(iii) three members having expertise in Muslim theology and law including one who shall be a Shia Muslim;
(iv) five members representing Muslim voluntary organisations working in the fields of public administration, finance, education, culture or social work;
(v) the Chairperson of the State Wakf Board; and
(vi) Executive Officer of the State Committee, who shall be the ex officio member of the State Committee:
Provided that a Committee for any Union territory or a Joint State Committee shall consist of such number of members as may be prescribed.
(2) In case where there is no Muslim member in any of the categories mentioned in clauses (i) and (ii) of sub-section (1), or where there is no Legislative Council in a State, nomination may be made in such manner as may be prescribed.
Title: Notification of members
As soon as may be after the nomination of the members of a State Committee under sub-section (1) of section 18, the State Government shall publish, in the Official Gazette of that State, the names of all such members.
Title: Term of office
(1) The term of office of the members of the State Committee (other than the ex officio members and members filling casual vacancies) shall be three years, commencing on the day following the publication of the list of members under section 19.
(2) The allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of the Chairperson and members shall be such as may be prescribed.
(1) After the publication of the names of members of the State Committee under section 19, the State Government shall convene within forty-five days the first meeting of the State Committee at which the State Committee shall elect a Chairperson from amongst its members:
Provided that an ex officio member shall not take part in the election of the Chairperson.
(2) If the State Committee fails to elect a Chairperson, the State Government may appoint a member of the State Committee to be the Chairperson thereof.
(3) The election of the Chairperson shall be notified by the State Government in the Official Gazette of the State.
(4) The term of office of the Chairperson shall be three years and no person shall hold the office of the Chairperson for more than two consecutive terms.
(5) Any casual vacancy in the office of the Chairperson shall be filled in accordance with sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), as the case may be.
Title: Reconstitution of a State Committee
(1) The State Government shall take or cause to be taken all necessary steps for the reconstitution of a new State Committee at least four months before the expiry of the term of the State Committee.
(2) An outgoing member shall be eligible for re-nomination of the State Committee for not more than two terms:
Provided that fifty per cent. of the nominees may be re-nominated for a second term in such manner as may be prescribed.