Section 12 in The Haj Committee Act, 2002
Title: Disqualification for being nominated, or for continuing, as a member of Committee
A person shall be disqualified for being nominated, or for continuing as a member of the Committee, if he—
(i) is not a citizen of India;
(ii) is not a Muslim, except for ex officio members as provided in clause (iii) of section 4;
(iii) is less than twenty-five years of age;
(iv) is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court;
(v) is an undischarged insolvent;
(vi) has been convicted of an offence which, in the opinion of the Central Government, involves a moral turpitude;
(vii) has been on a previous occasion—
(a) removed from his office as a member; or
(b) removed by an order of a competent authority either for not acting in the interest of the pilgrims or for corruption.
Title: Resignation of Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and members
The Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson or any other member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government and it shall be effective from the date of such resignation.
Title: Removal of Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and members.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, remove the Chairperson, a Vice-Chairperson of the Committee or any member thereof, if he—
(i) is or becomes subject to any of the disqualifications specified in section 12; or
(ii) refuses to act or is incapable of acting or acts in a manner which the Central Government, after hearing any explanation that he may offer, considers to be prejudicial to the interests of the Committee or the interests of the pilgrims; or
(iii) fails, in the opinion of the Committee, to attend three consecutive meetings of the Committee, without sufficient excuse.
(2) Where the Chairperson or a Vice-Chairperson of the Committee is removed under sub-section (1), he shall also cease to be a member of the Committee.
Title: Filling of a casual vacancy
(1) When the seat of a member becomes vacant by his removal, resignation, death or otherwise, a new member shall be nominated or elected, as the case may be, in his place and such member shall hold office so long as the member whose place he fills would have been entitled to hold office if such vacancy had not occurred.
(2) Any casual vacancy under sub-section (1) shall be filled up by the same category to which the former member belonged.
Title: Chief Executive Officer and other employees
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a person, from a panel of Muslim officers of the Central Government and of the State Governments not below the rank of Deputy Secretary to the Government of India, to be the Chief Executive Officer of the Committee on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer shall be the ex officio Secretary of the Committee.
(3) The Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed for a period of three years, which may be extended by a maximum period of one year by the Central Government.
(4) The Chief Executive Officer shall execute the decisions of the Committee and perform such other functions as may be prescribed:
Provided that in case of any difference of opinion between the Chief Executive Officer and the Committee, he shall bring the matter to the notice of the Central Government, whose decision thereon shall be final.
(5) The Committee may, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, employ such other officers and employees as it deems necessary to carry out the purposes of this Act, on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.