Section 14 in The Industrial Development Bank (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 2003
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as may appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of three years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as maybe after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Repeal and saving of Act 18 of 1964
(1) On the appointed day, the Industrial Development Bank of India Act, 1964, shall stand repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Industrial Development Bank of India Act, 1964, the provisions of section 30A of the Act so repealed will continue to be applicable in respect of the arrangement entered into by the Development Bank with an industrial concern up to the appointed day and the Company will be entitled to act upon and enforce the same as fully and effectually as if this Act has not been enacted.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Haj Committee Act, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 or dates as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and for different States.
1. 5th December, 2002, vide notification No. S.O. 1267(E), dated by 5th December, 2002, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "bye-laws" means the bye-laws made under section 45;
(b) "Chief Executive Officer or the Executive Officer" means the Chief Executive Officer of the Committee or the Executive Officer of the State Committee appointed under sub-section (1) of section 16 or sub-section (1) of section 29, as the case may be;
(c) "Committee" means the Haj Committee of India constituted under section 3;
(d) "member" means a member of the Haj Committee of India nominated under section 4 or of a State Haj Committee nominated under section 18, as the case may be, and includes the Chairperson and a Vice-Chairperson;
(e) "notification" means a notification published in the Gazette of India or the Official Gazette of a State, as the case may be;
(f) "pilgrim" means a Muslim proceeding to, or returning from, Haj;
(g) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under section 44 by the Central Government or, as the case may be, under section 47 by the State Government;
(h) "State Committee" means a State Haj Committee constituted under section 18 and includes Joint State Committee;
(i) "State Government", in relation to a Union territory, means the Administrator of that Union territory appointed by the President under article 239 of the Constitution.
Title: Constitution and incorporation of Haj Committee of India
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf, there shall be constituted a Committee by the name of the Haj Committee of India.
(2) The Committee shall be a body corporate, by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, to create a charitable trust or endowment, and to contract and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
(3) The Committee shall have its headquarters at Mumbai and as and when the Committee considers it functionally necessary, additional regional offices may be opened in consultation with the Central Government.