Section 20 in The Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the number of members of the staff and their conditions of service under section 7;
(b) any other power of the civil court to be prescribed under clause (f) of section 11; and
(c) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed
Title: Power to make regulations
(1) The Commission may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations not inconsistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder to provide for all matters for which provision is expedient for the purposes of giving effect to the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such regulations may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the duties and the powers of the Secretary under sub-section (4) of section 3; and
(b) the procedure to be followed by the Commission under sub-section (2) of section 9.
Title: Notification, rule, etc., to be laid before Parliament
Every notification issued under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 8 and every rule made by the Central Government and every regulation made by the Commission under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is issued or made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the notification or the rule or the regulation, or both Houses agree that the notification or the rule or the regulation should not be made, the notification or the rule or the regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that notification or rule or regulation.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, remove the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Provisions relating to existing Vigilance Commission
With effect from the constitution of the Commission under sub-section (1) of section 3, the Central Vigilance Commission set up by the Resolution of the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affairs No. 24/7/64-AVD, dated the 11th February, 1964 (hereafter referred to in this section as the existing Vigilance Commission) shall, insofar as its functions are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, continue to discharge the said functions and—
(a) all actions and decisions taken by the Vigilance Commission insofar as such actions and decisions are relatable to the functions of the Commission constituted under this Act shall be deemed to have been taken by the Commission;
(b) all proceedings pending before the Vigilance Commission, insofar as such proceedings relate to the functions of the Commission, shall be deemed to be transferred to the Commission and shall be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of this Act;
(c) the employees of the Vigilance Commission shall be deemed to have become the employees of the Commission on the same terms and conditions;
(d) all the assets and liabilities of the Vigilance Commission shall be transferred to the Commission.