Section 16 in The Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003
Title: Central Vigilance Commissioner, Vigilance Commissioner and staff to be public servants
The Central Vigilance Commissioner, every Vigilance Commissioner, the Secretary and every staff of the Commission shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
Title: Report of any inquiry made on reference by Commission to be forwarded to that Commission
(1) The report of the inquiry undertaken by any agency on a reference made by the Commission shall be forwarded to the Commission.
(2) The Commission shall, on receipt of such report and after taking into consideration any other factors relevant thereto, advise the Central Government and corporations established by or under any Central Act, Government companies, societies and local authorities owned or controlled by that Government, as the case may be, as to the further course of action.
(3) The Central Government and the corporations established by or under any Central Act, Government companies, societies and other local authorities owned or controlled by that Government, as the case may be, shall consider the advice of the Commission and take appropriate action:
Provided that where the Central Government, any corporation established by or under any Central Act, Government company, society or local authority owned or controlled by the Central Government, as the case may be, does not agree with the advice of the Commission, it shall, for reasons to be recorded in writing, communicate the same to the Commission.
Title: Power to call for information
The Commission may call for reports, returns and statements from the Central Government or corporations established by or under any Central Act, Government companies, societies and other local authorities owned or controlled by that Government so as to enable it to exercise general supervision over the vigilance and anti-corruption work in that Government and in the said corporations, Government companies, societies and local authorities.
Title: Consultation with Commission in certain matters
The Central Government shall, in making any rules or regulations governing the vigilance or disciplinary matters relating to persons appointed to public services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union or to members of the All-India Services, consult the Commission.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the number of members of the staff and their conditions of service under section 7;
(b) any other power of the civil court to be prescribed under clause (f) of section 11; and
(c) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed