Section 11 in The Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003
Title: Power relating to inquiries
The Commission shall, while conducting any inquiry referred to in clauses (b) and (c) of sub-section (1) of section 8, have all the powers of a civil court trying a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908) and in particular, in respect of the following matters, namely:--
(a) summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person from any part of India and examining him on oath;
(b) requiring the discovery and production of any document;
(c) receiving evidence on affidavits;
(d) requisitioning any public record or copy thereof from any court or office;
(e) issuing commissions for the examination of witnesses or other documents; and
(f) any other matter which may be prescribed.
Title: Director of Inquiry for making preliminary inquiry
1[11A. Director of Inquiry for making preliminary inquiry.--(1) There shall be a Director of Inquiry, not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India, who shall be appointed by the Central Government for conducting preliminary inquiries referred to the Commission by the Lokpal.
(2) The Central Government shall provide the Director of Inquiry such officers and employees as may be required for the discharge of his functions under this Act.]
1. Ins. by Act 1 of 2014, s. 58 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 16-1-2014)
Title: Proceedings before Commission to be judicial proceedings
The Commission shall be deemed to be a civil court for the purposes of section 195 and Chapter XXVI of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974) and every proceeding before the Commission shall be deemed to be a judicial proceeding within the meaning of sections 193 and 228 and for the purposes of section 196 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
Title: Expenses of Commission to be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India
The expenses of the Commission, including any salaries, allowances and pensions payable to or in respect of the Central Vigilance Commissioner, the Vigilance Commissioners, Secretary and the staff of the Commission, shall be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India.
Title: Annual report
(1) It shall be the duty of the Commission to present annually to the President a report as to the work done by the Commission within six months of the close of the year under report.
(2) The report referred to in sub-section (1) shall contain a separate part on the functioning of the Delhi Special Police Establishment in so far as it relates to sub-section (1) of section 4 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946 (25 of 1946).
(3) On receipt of such report, the President shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.