Section 41 in The Special Economic Zones Act, 2005
Title: Members, officers and other employees of Authority to be public servants
All Members, officers and other employees of every Authority, shall, when acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any of the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder, be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
Title: Reference of dispute
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, if—
(a) any dispute of civil nature arises among two or more entrepreneurs or two or more Developers or between an entrepreneur and a Developer in the Special Economic Zone; and
(b) the court or the courts to try suits in respect of such dispute had not been designated under sub-section (1) of section 23,
such dispute shall be referred to arbitration:
Provided that no dispute shall be referred to the arbitration on or after the date of the designation of the court or courts under sub-section (1) of section 23.
(2) Where a dispute has been referred to arbitration under sub-section (1), the same shall be settled or decided by the arbitrator to be appointed by the Central Government.
(3) Save as otherwise provided under this Act, the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (26 of 1996) shall apply to all arbitration under this Act as if the proceedings for arbitration were referred in settlement or decision under the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
(1) The period of limitation in the case of any dispute which is required to be referred to arbitration shall be regulated by the provisions of the Limitation Act, 1963 (36 of 1963), as if the dispute was a suit and the arbitrator is civil court.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the arbitrator may admit a dispute after the expiry of the period of limitation, if the applicant satisfies the arbitrator that he had sufficient cause for not referring the dispute within such period.
Title: Applicability of provisions of this Act to existing Special Economic Zones
All the provisions of this Act (except sections 3 and 4) shall, as far as may be, apply to every existing Special Economic Zone.
Title: Person to whom a communication may be sent under this Act
A communication by any competent authority or person under this Act may be sent to the person who has the ultimate control over the affairs of the Special Economic Zone or Unit or where the said affairs are entrusted to a manager, director, chairperson, or managing director, or to any other officer, by whatever name called, such communication may be sent to such manager, director, chairperson, or managing director or any other officer.