Section 32 in The Special Economic Zones Act, 2005
Title: Officers of Authority and other staff
(1) Every Development Commissioner of the Special Economic Zone, for which he is appointed as such, shall be the chief executive of the Authority concerned and exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed.
(2) Every Authority may, in addition to the officers and employees transferred to it under section 33, appoint such other officers and employees, as it considers necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act.
(3) The method of appointment, the conditions of service and the scales of pay and allowances of such other officers and employees appointed under sub-section (2) shall be such as may be prescribed.
Title: Special provision for transfer of officers or other employees to Authority
(1) It shall be lawful for the Central Government to transfer to each Authority, by order, and with effect from such date or dates, as may be specified in the order, any officer or other employee holding office as such (except officers or other employees on deputation) in the existing Special Economic Zone concerned:
Provided that the scale of pay of the post to which such officer or other employee is transferred shall not be lower than the scale of pay of the post which he was holding immediately before such transfer and the other terms and conditions of service (including pension, leave, provident fund and medical benefits) of the post to which he is transferred shall not be less favourable than the terms and conditions of service in relation to the post held by him immediately before such transfer:
Provided further that if, immediately before the date of his transfer, any such officer or other employee is officiating in a higher post under the Central Government either in a leave vacancy or in any vacancy of a specified duration, his pay and other allowances, if any, on transfer, shall be protected for the unexpired period of such vacancy and thereafter he shall be entitled to the scale of pay applicable to the post under the Central Government to which he would have reverted but for his transfer to the Authority.
(2) If any question arises as to whether the prescribed terms and conditions of service in respect of any matter, including remuneration, pension, leave, provident fund and medical benefits, are less favourable than those attached to the post held by an officer or other employee immediately before his transfer to the Authority, the decision of the Central Government in the matter shall be final.
Title: Functions of Authority
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, it shall be the duty of each Authority to undertake such measures as it thinks fit for the development, operation and management of the Special Economic Zone for which it is constituted.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1), the measures referred to therein may provide for—
(a) the development of infrastructure in the Special Economic Zone;
(b) promoting exports from the Special Economic Zone;
(c) reviewing the functioning and performance of the Special Economic Zone;
(d) levy user or service charges or fees or rent for the use of properties belonging to the Authority;
(e) performing such other functions as may be prescribed.
Title: Grants and loans by Central Government
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, make to every Authority by way of grants and loans or such sums of money as that Government may think fit for being utilised for the purposes of this Act.
Title: Constitution of Fund and its application
(1) There shall be established by every Authority a Fund to be called the.......... (the name of the Special Economic Zone concerned) Authority Fund and there shall be credited thereto—
(a) all sums of money, which the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, provide to the Authority;
(b) all grants or loans that may be made to the Authority under this Act;
(c) all sums received on account of user or service charges or fees or rent for the use of properties belonging to the Authority;
(d) all sums received by the Authority from such other sources as may be decided upon by the Central Government.
(2) The Fund shall be applied for meeting—
(a) the salaries, allowances and other remuneration of the members, officers and other employees of the Authority;
(b) the expenses of the Authority in the discharge of its functions under section 34;
(c) the repayment of any loan;
(d) the expenses on objects and for purposes authorised by this Act;
(e) any other administrative expenses of the Authority.