Section 17 in The Special Economic Zones Act, 2005
Title: Setting up and operation of Offshore Banking Unit
(1) An application for setting up and operation of an Offshore Banking Unit in a Special Economic Zone may be made to the Reserve Bank in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
(2) On receipt of an application under sub-section (1), the Reserve Bank shall, if it is satisfied that the applicant fulfils all the conditions specified under sub-section (3), grant permission to such applicant for setting up and operation of an Offshore Banking Unit.
(3) The Reserve Bank may, by notification, specify the terms and conditions subject to which an Offshore Banking Unit may be set up and operated in the Special Economic Zone.
Title: Setting up of International Financial Services Centre
(1) The Central Government may approve the setting up of an International Financial Services Centre in a Special Economic Zone and prescribe the requirements for setting up and operation of such Centre:
Provided that the Central Government shall approve only one International Financial Services Centre in a Special Economic Zone.
(2) The Central Government may, subject to such guidelines as may be framed by the Reserve Bank, the Securities and Exchange Board of India, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority and such other concerned authorities, as it deems fit, prescribe the requirements for setting up and the terms and conditions of the operation of Units in an International Financial Services Centre.
Title: Single application form, return, etc.
Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Central Government may, if required,--
(a) prescribe a single application form for obtaining any licence, permission or registration or approval by a Developer, or an entrepreneur under one or more Central Acts;
(b) authorise the Board, the Development Commissioner or Approval Committee, to exercise the powers of the Central Government on matters relating to the development of a Special Economic Zone or setting up and operation of Units;
(c) prescribe a single form for furnishing returns or information by a Developer or an entrepreneur under one or more Central Acts.
Title: Agency to inspect
Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Central Government may, by notification, specify any officer or agency to carry out surveys or inspections for securing of compliance with the provisions of any Central Act by a Developer or an entrepreneur, as the case may be, and such officer or agency shall submit verification and compliance reports, in such manner and within such time as may be specified in the said notification.
Title: Single enforcement officer or agency for notified offences
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, specify any act or omission made punishable under any Central Act, as notified offence for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The Central Government may, by general or special order, authorise any officer or agency to be the enforcement officer or agency in respect of any notified offence or offences committed in a Special Economic Zone.
(3) Every officer or agency authorised under sub-section (2) shall have all the corresponding powers of investigation, inspection, search or seizure as is provided under the relevant Central Act in respect of the notified offences.