Section 28 in The Right to Information Act, 2005
Title: Power to make rules by competent authority
(1) The competent authority may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(i) the cost of the medium or print cost price of the materials to be disseminated under sub-section (4) of section 4;
(ii) the fee payable under sub-section (1) of section 6;
(iii) the fee payable under sub-section (1) of section 7; and
(iv) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
Title: Laying of rules
(1) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
(2) Every rule made under this Act by a State Government shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is notified, before the State Legislature.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removal of the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the date of the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
The Freedom of Information Act, 2002 (5 of 2003) is hereby repealed.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.
1. 10th February, 2006 (ss. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 and 58), vide notification No. S.O. 196(E), dated 10th February, 2006, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
1st October, 2008 (ss. 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 and 41), vide notification No.S.O.2320(E), dated 1st October, 2008, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec 3(ii).
13th January, 2010 (ss. 20, 21 and 22), vide notification No. S.O. 75(E), dated 13th January, 2010, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).